Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 8 - 48 weeks


‘may your life together be full of love, and your love full of life’ 
(words used are from a Penny Black Stamp)

This was quite a bit of fun.  Not really into ‘abstract’ type art, but enjoyed the process immensely. I originally used the initials of my daughter and son-in-law as well as the date of their marriage.  Wasn’t happy with how the stencil worked out for the initials, so once again, used gesso to erase the problem. I know everything does not have to be perfect on this journey, but I really need to ‘like’ the finished result, especially after putting so much time and effort into it.

I wanted to add a little colour, and as my daughter is enjoying an embroidering hobby, decided to trace various sized hearts from a stencil.  I then pierced with an awl all the way around, and then backstitched using red embroidery thread.  Once finished, I still thought it needed a little something more.  I printed a photo of a flower arrangement from the wedding reception onto sticky-back natural canvas, added the initials and then inserted into large heart.


Did some shading with a Faber Castell pen and inked the edges with Green Distress ink.  The background story consists of book paper, paper pattern, patterned paper, washi tape, and a few other bits and pieces.

Double spread of finished project

Close up of large heart and 'rings'

Close up of words

Close up of one of small hearts

(for A & D)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita - just catching up on your posts - this is absolutely beautiful & I love how you have embellished it & embroidered the hearts. Its a lovely little verse also - I am sure Annie loved it. Julie x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Julie xo - promise will email very soon - hope wedding went well

    ReplyDelete