Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Week 7 - 48 Weeks


‘wish you enough’

This project was quite an emotive piece for me.  My image has a sad thoughtful face which reflected my thoughts at the time.  The choice of some of the embellishments are from nature (which always helps me stay grounded and feel strong). I heated the tulle until it melted in parts which represented my scattered thoughts.  That is as far as I can go to describe how this piece came together without getting too emotional, but I am so glad I followed the path which eventually led to the finished project.

The words ‘wish you enough’ is an extract of a story I saw on the internet (sorry do not know the original author).  A mother was farewelling her daughter at the airport and said ‘I wish you enough’ which in its entirety means:

 I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright
 I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more
 I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive
 I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger
 I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye

She then began to cry and walked away. 

They say it takes a minute to find a special person.
An hour to appreciate them
A day to love them
And an entire life to forget them

Double page of project

Image page

Close up of words and texture

Close up of flowers and other embellishments

(dedicated to my brother)


1 comment:

  1. I love how it looks as though you have built the flowers up gradually in layers & also love the different textures in this piece. Yes a very emotional little verse.

    ReplyDelete