Poppies - ‘don’t be pushed by your problems, be led by your dreams’
May I say this was a REAL challenge! I know we are utilising different techniques etc, but I just could not grasp the poppy shape and shading. The project quickly progressed to the ‘try too hard’ stage and from then on, simply went downhill. Tried a few different techniques to save it but just did not like the outcome at all. However, I did resist throwing it away.
I put it aside and decided to prep a few pages for future projects, and every now and then took another peak. Decided the poppies looked like sea anemones and I could not get that thought out of my head, so put the project at the bottom of the pile and commenced week 7.
I decided to start over. I thought a bit of texture might help with the colouring phase, so traced some poppies I found on Pinterest and then added moulding paste and allowed it to completely dry.
I then painted until I was happy with the finished result. Added a bit of interest by stamping a ‘wire’ fence around the bottom of the project.
Full double page spread of finished project
Close up from a side view
Close up of poppies and bud
Close up of words and 'wire' fence