Thursday, February 6, 2014

Week 1 - 48 Weeks

Note:
The journal is A3 in size.  Donna has used Moleskin, but I decided to use a heavy weight watercolour journal.

Week 1, for me, was about letting go and 'see what happens'. I like how Donna encourages us to use what we have at hand - helps stretches the mind and the imagination. This week was about image transfer, stencils, paints, re-inkers, paints and inks. I did not have the stencil that was used, so decided to do two image transfers, one for each of the pages.
I tried to connect both images together and in the end decided that my 'lady' had walked through her garden, and through her home, and was leaving via another door. The stamp I chose reads as follows: 'when we see with our hearts, every moment is the most wonderful gift in the world' . I decided my 'lady' was struggling with issues of the heart and was wondering around her garden and home seeking comfort. By the way, I extended her dress with one of Donna's stencils, the name of which I cannot remember.
I did not have the re-inkers suggested, and having made few errors with other mediums, took artistic licence and used Inktense crayons, Faber Castell pens, inks, distress inks and a few other things from my stash. I really like the end result, and am disappointed the colours and textures are very hard to photograph.








 


No comments:

Post a Comment