Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rolled Heart Canvas (forgot to post this one a long time ago)

This is a canvas I based on one that Christy Tomlinson taught  in her June 2011 Tutorials.  I used similar techniques but gave mine a whole different look.  I wanted more subtle colours, a change from the very bright.

Canvas size 8"x10"
 The main background is a craft paper pattern and is very 'yellow'
toned it down with some Picket Fence Distress Stain, but wanted to keep some of the vintage feel as well

The rolled paper is from an ancient Thesaurus which, once rolled, stained and sprayed and then painted
I got the ribbon hearts from my stash.  Had made for another project but didnt use, very handy to have a ready-made to add to my project

The corrugated heart is cut from a packing boxed, stripped back and then added gesso and paint.  Wrapped one corner with white 'sew easy floss' and then added the clock embellishment (not sure of the brand as I had removed the packaging some time ago)

I found this wording on a Stamp and thought it was perfect for this project


No comments:

Post a Comment