Sunday, August 4, 2013

Fabric & Lace Wedding Album

I decided I would like to keep some 'happy snaps' of my daughter's wedding in a beautiful folder. 

I used a plain two ring A5 folder from a stationery store and proceeded to cover as I have done with previous albums and journals.  I wanted to achieve a lighter colour tone for the cover and am very happy with the end result.

I searched Pinterest for an image and found a beautiful Harrison Fisher illustration (early 1920's I think).  It is just what I was looking for.




Base of book cover constructed, and now comes the fun part . . . placing, pinning and sewing the fabric, lace and ribbon

Finished front cover

Close up of the image surrounded by ivory white crinkly rayon seam binding
I just glued it as it fell on to project
I printed the image on to white sticky back canvas and really like how the texture shows through


View from the bottom, showing the top and back layers of the album
so pretty and delicate looking

Close up of the top right hand side - used Swarovski embellishment for the middle of the bow


Close up of the left hand side of the image
Found the little hearts in my 'Pearl' box - cant remember the brand

A beautiful album to hold treasured memories of a magical day 

xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita - that is just stunning!!!! As is the wedding card you made in your recent post. I love the way you have built the layers of the album up & the image is just perfect. Will be something to treasure with the photos in it :-) Your work is amazing. Love Julie x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie - I have so many projects 'on the go' at the moment. I really like working in different mediums at one time - keeps the creative mojo working!

    ReplyDelete