Saturday, May 25, 2013

Journal and Album for Becc

Becc, the owner of Dextress Hair asked me to make a journal cover for her mum for Mother's Day - we got our 'wires crossed' because she actually wanted an album with inserts instead.  I ended up doing both.  Colour theme purple/lavender/mauve and cream.

A4 JOURNAL

The colours are quite deceptive in the photographs.  They all blended very well for the project.  I tied the journal with some crinkled rayon ribbon (easier to keep loose papers inside the journal if necessary).


This is the best photo with regard to the true colour
Full front of journal with bookmark
I bought the two-toned purple lace from Fabric Collection

Another view - Mother & Child image found on Pinterest


View of back of journal - once again the purple flower is a much nicer shade than depicted here - I made this using a Tim Holtz dye which cuts through the fabric very easily


 close up of front 

 close up of back

Close up of bookmark on the inside cover of the journal


PHOTO ALBUM 


the finished photo album is 6x6 but looks larger because has a wide spine
Beautiful lace is from Bella Paperie

Close up of back of album

Close up of spine

 View of front including spine

Inside front cover of album

Inside back of album with bookmark

Another view

View from bottom

Wrapped with tulle and 'ready to go'



Revamping Shoes

I attended a formal wedding last weekend and decided to add some bling to a pair of shoes to give them a 'lift'.  As I was wearing black chiffon overlay trousers and a beaded jacket, thought soft pink would be complement the project as I was also wearing matching jewelry.

As I was happy with the results, made a clip for my handbag as well :)





Masquerade Mask for Bridget

Tried something completely different recently.  A friend asked if I could make a mask for her daughter for her Formal.  I enjoyed the research process and the shopping for odds and ends and then applied myself to the task using a colour outside of my comfort zone - Red. 

My first thought was to used the fabric scraps from the dress, but this was not successful trying to get the folds and pleats to sit correctly around the eyes of the mask. The masks I found were quite flimsy (and plastic), so I decided to join 2 together for strength.  This worked well, but the paint did not adhere very well.  


So out came some Mod Podge Glue and some paper doilies which I then proceeded to attach to the mask.  After completely drying, I mixed some red paints together to achieve the correct shade.

Added some braid and a string of sequins.
the flower was made from fabric remnants from the dress


Added a gold open weave button (cut off the shank) to the flower
and then attached the flower to the base of the feathers

It was hard to get a photo showing the overall effect of the long feather vein, but was
happy with the finished result
I then attached the stick which had been painted and wrapped in ribbon

The finished result :)






Wednesday, May 15, 2013

On my desk Wednesday

Hi everyone

Have finished a journal cover, a photo album cover (both purple and cream color theme) and a masquerade mask for a Year 12 formal in RED!.  Will post finished projects soon.  Have been very busy on the home front with work and lots of upcoming family events.
Have some more projects on the back burner as well as a revamp of my Craft Studio! - Constantly changes, depending on my project, but need a lot more space.  I am very lucky to have a dedicated room, albeit small as I know a lot of people have to work around dining room tables and little nooks