Saturday, February 23, 2013

SUE'S JOURNAL

Sue travels extensively, so I decided that a journal would be a great gift.  I used the image of a cute little elephant (because I know she likes them) and then incorporated purple with a touch of pink as the main base colours to complement the image.

The journal is 18 x 25.5 cms
I copied the elephant and text images onto sticky-back canvas before adding to the project
I dyed the doily with Adirondack Color Wash sprays to achieve the required result
and used plain calico as the base for the cover

 Note - I found the image of the elephant on Pinterest but cannot remember the source

Close up
Most of the elements were glued with Fabric Glue on to the base and for the heavier embellishments, I used Helmar's 450 glue





   

No comments:

Post a Comment