Saturday, February 23, 2013

CHERYL'S JOURNAL

This journal was created for my friend Cheryl.  We have been friends for approximately 38 years.  I wanted to give her something special for Christmas and I must say, was pleased with the result.  We both love the colours used for this journal - beautiful pinks and greens and ivory. I have deliberately made this cover more 'shabby chic' i.e. leaving threads hanging and raw edges showing etc


Front of the journal
Once again used fabric canvas as the base and then added cheesecloth fabric for 'softness', and then commenced the layering process
The lace on the left hand side is cut from a scarf I found and most of the lace and ribbon was purchased from one of my favourite brick and mortar shops, Bella Paperie
Most of the bits and pieces were taken from my supplies, especially my odds and ends box


close up of the bottom right hand side
the pale pink off cut lace under the photo is from a remnant I found.  I added a small flower to complement the colours


Image found on Pinterest and was originally pinned from Piccsy.com
the quote says:
'Sometimes talking to your best friend is the only Therapy you need . . .can't imagine life without you '
I also added some beautiful pink crinkly rayon ribbon to front and back covers and tied in a bow to keep anything tucked inside secure


Top left hand side - good view of layers

Middle top
tucked a little resin flower under the lace to add texture and colour


The Journal and matching bookmark


Back of journal

Bottom right hand side of back
used a small section of the tassels on the scarf to create a border between layers as well as some of the pink rayon ribbon which I ruched and sewed under the pink beaded lace to add interest and colour

Close up of middle section of the back showing all the elements added

Bookmark front
I used a section of the tassels from the scarf to add to the bottom of the book mark

Bookmark back
I used mainly fabric glue to adhere pieces to the bookmark



No comments:

Post a Comment