Saturday, October 6, 2012

Vase & Flowers Canvas

This canvas measures 20" x 8" (or 51 x 20cms).  I was inspired by Christy Campbell-Tomlinsons' 'Behind the Scenes' June 2012 tutorial.

Started playing yesterday, and wasn't happy with the end result.   Later in the day, every time I walked past my art table, I would reach for a paint brush, a color wash spray, some Faber Castell pens, gesso, paints etc and do a little more, or completely cover up what I had already done.  Left to dry overnight and put finishing touches to it this morning.

Here is the end result:


Finished size 20"x8" (51x20cms)
Will have to improve my photography skills
(not a true colour of the finished canvas unfortunately)



The flowers were originally plain calico which I dyed with 
Dylusions Ink Sprays, a touch of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmermist 
and  then finished off with a touch of Crystalina Kindyglitz

Close up of  flowers and top of vase
Added lace remnants here and there to add a bit of interest

Close up of right hand size of the vase
Pulled apart a wire spray for the tendrils, 
once again to add a bit of interest
and a different texture 
(added some small sprays to the
left hand side as well)



No comments:

Post a Comment