Monday, May 28, 2012

Somewhere to Scrap retreat - Mt Tamborine

I attended the Somewhere to Scrap retreat at Mt Tamborine on the weekend with Ang and also met a couple of wonderful crafters and artists (lovely to meet you Alicia, Sally and Deb).  The trip up the mountain on Friday night was horrific with the rain, fog, and the inconsiderate motorists, and it is something I would not want to repeat any time soon - thank goodness we all arrived safely.

I actually organised myself this time and 'downsized'.  Prepared layout pages and took the minimal tools, paper, etc.  Thanks Ang for sharing - and I will replace some of the bling I used that you had 'in stock'.

I won the 'shoe' competition.  We received a template for shoe ( original template was designed by Stacey Cohen)  and the rest was up to us.  I decided on a monochromatic theme and was very happy with the end result.  I added a 'back' as well as 'sides' in the form of a lace trim.

The winning prize was some beautiful Basic Grey paper and embellishments to match as well as a magazine.

Here is my 'winning' shoe . . . I thought of it as a 'Cinderalla Shoe' and that was the general opinion :)

The 'finished' shoe is 7" or nearly 18cm from tip to heel.
I created the shoe from wheat Bazzill cardstock for the upper and Kraft for the sole and
added Kaisercraft rhinestones to the front and heel of the shoe which were added over the Webster Pages silver lace netting

I also added an 'extra' heel piece and to give it some dimension, ran the Wheat Bazzill cardstock through an embossing folder which gave it a beautiful effect, and 'painted' the inner shoe with Liquid Pearls Dimensional Pearlescent Paint called Platinum Pearl
The beautiful 'silver' flower was courtesy of Ang, but not showing up very well in this photo - thanks Ang for being so generous :) x



added the lace around the outside to 'fill in' the shoe and was very happy with the outcome, and thrilled to win the competition - ( thanks to everyone who voted for me :)




1 comment: