Saturday, May 12, 2012

My take on 'Denim Girl'

This is the first of my 'girls'  based on 'Denim Girl' from Julie Nutting's book Collage Couture.  The instructions are simple to follow and very enjoyable - quite different to undertaking online classes.

Size of canvas is 30cm x 40cm or 12" x 16". Julie's book is A4 size, so I photocopied to an A3 size so I could cut the correct size patterns for my canvas.


Instead of a plain red bird, I added a couple of different feathers and a little resin flower

Also added some rub-ons over whole of canvas using 'dream' words and quotes

Building the background

I am really enjoying learning the processes of Julie's 'Fashionable Art'.  Hope to eventually create a girl in my own style and see where that path leads.


PS:  will upload more finished projects during the weekend

1 comment:

  1. She is lovely Rita. Beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete