I am particularly reaping the benefits of the long hours it took to sort my ribbons and lace. It is an absolute pleasure to look for 'that particular piece' for a project . . . so easy now.
I am 'working' on and trying to find time for the following projects which I will post as soon as completed. I like the 'how is this going to turn out' feeling and the creative and learning processes along the way. Some people ask, 'what will you do when you retire?' . . . hmmmmmm is all I can say.
- Online tutorial of one of the Jeanne Oliver's Creatively Made canvas pieces which utilised an image from a magazine that did not come together as planned. I have since removed the image and am currently replacing with a wreath made up of lace, wire, pearls, beads, tulle, birds in a hand-made muslin nest, hand-made 'feathers' and flowers and a few other things. So far, happy with how it is all coming together and enjoying the 'baby steps'.
- Project for a friend which has been ongoing for some time (sorry :) - you know who it is. This is almost complete and is a Kaisercraft board book detailing the first year of the bub's life and achievements. I am also including a door hanger, a music box and a canvas heart hanging from a ribbon, utilising the Prima Pixie Glen collection of paper, ribbons, rub-ons and stamps.
- Collections Elements 'boxes' which have been glued, covered with paper (dont know manufacturer :( ) and will be mounted on a canvas
- Paper bag albums. One is Kraft and one is White in colour. For both I am using Glitz paper collections. The kraft album is utilising the Vintage Blue collection and the white album I am using the Pretty in Pink. These are something I work on when I need to relax and not 'think too much', and am amazed at the results so far :)
- Learning how to crochet tiny little flowers
- Completing my on-line tutorials
- Finalising a couple of very special layouts which I will have professionally framed
- Looking forward each month to working on an 8x8 album with a group of craft friends
Until next time