Sunday, March 4, 2012

Yesterday, today and tomorrow canvas

This has taken me about a week to complete, grabbing any spare time I have had here and there. Tutorial by Christy Tomlinson behind the scenes for February.

 
Full canvas 10 x 10"

Side view.  Instead of purchasing pegs, found some I had in my stash and covered them with patterned paper Fancy Pants - She Art Workshop 6x6 paper pad

Also made the flowers using papers from the same pack as well as some little resin flowers from Christy's Scarlet Lime on-line store.  Found the little red and yellow brad in my stash and added for a little bit of different texture.  Used a variety of green/blue glitters on the grass which has the background of old bookpaper.  Flower stems drawn with Faber Castell Markers and ink. Also added a few stamps and white-rubons here and there.

Hand cut the banner from more papers from pad
Christy used vellum imprinted with clouds for the blue background.  I didnt have any so found an image on Pinterest, added to the canvas and then covered with white tissue paper to give a textured background.  Apparently when you add Decoupage glue to the vellum it bubbles and gives a lot of background texture.  I didnt quite achieve the same effect, but happy with outcome.

Drew the black clothes line with permanent marker and then pulled some white rope apart and added a few strands with hot glue.  To brighten the banner a little, I found beads threaded on wire in my stash and decided to wind that through.  The photo hasnt quite picked up the shine

Finished my 'happy' canvas today which is appropriate as it is quite a gloomy day outside with a storm pending.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you have really gotten into this mixed Media Rita, it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete