Sunday, January 1, 2012

She Art Girl Workshop 2

This is an exercise for 'Creating Dimension with Cardboard, Fabric and Trims' and is my FINAL girl in the series of two Workshops taught by Christy Tomlinson from Scarlet Lime. Christy is a very inspirational teacher and to say I received value for money is an understatement. 

I have another 'Girl' in the 'almost finished basket'.  She was taught by a guest designer, Junelle Jacobson and is titled 'creating a dimensional girl'. The canvas size for this one is 12"x24" and is very impressive indeed.  Will upload her to my blog soon.

On my journey over several months I have learnt so much about art mediums, being messy, turning mistakes into positives, sharing the art with friends, having fun and most importantly having something to show for all my efforts. Have passed on some of my work as gifts, have hung some throughout our home, and the others are waiting for a special place.

I have also signed up for, and have commenced Christy's She Art Journalling Workshop.  Whilst learning about more mediums like pan pastels, watercolour crayons, texture etc, the content is very personal as I am also learning about myself, so will not add any of these pages to my blog, however, might add backgrounds before journalling . . . will wait and see.

I hope you have enjoyed my efforts with the 'Girls' as much as I have enjoyed creating them.

The last of 'Christy's Girls for Series 1 and 2' . . .

'Creating Dimension with Cardboard, Fabric and Trims'


Background layers with the head and arms created from old book paper

Canvas 6"x12"

Hair created with full bodied Liquitex paint, doodling pen and Perfect Pearls.
The earrings are rub-ons with a little Crystal Ice Stickles added for the bling
Her collar is a white lace flower cut in two and dyed with Tattered Angels mist

The skirt is a section of a cardboard box cut to shape, then I removed some of the top layer from the cardboard  then painted, added rub-ons, doodling etc
The belt is from a trim from gift bag I couldnt throw out and  had in my stash

Lots of background texture and stamping and rub-ons

I have a journal where i keep inspirational quotes.  I do not remember where I found this one, but thought appropriate for my 'cardboard' girl


No comments:

Post a Comment