Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Little Girl 'She Art'

This is the finished 12x12" canvas

Enjoyed a children's art day today at my place enthusiastically attended by 3 children aged 7-11 years old.  The eldest 2 completed 2 x 12" canvasses and the youngest just the one, however she took home some 8x8 canvasses to continue her fun at home :)
Presented this canvas to the recipient . . . 2 years old . . . and she was a bit unsure as to what all the fuss was about . . . but I received a beautiful heartfelt hug anyway . . . that is ALL that matters to me

The background was created with a paper napkin to create texture and then added gesso, paint, rubons, paper off-cuts etc

Close up of the Little 'She Girl' face and hair
This was a 'first' for me and really enjoyed the process . . . a real challenge

Close up of 'Little She Girl'
My gorgeous little friend loves hair ties, ribbons, bows, clips in her hair, so added this beautiful little button - cant remember the manufacturer . . . I think Pink Painslee?  I also wanted to give my 'baby She Art girl' some feet so added some little shoes and socks

My little 2 year old cutie loves birds, so they were a pre-requisite for this piece.  Decided to add a little house with a fence.  The papers are from Kaisercraft 6x6 Paper Pad La-Di-Da-Collection which was perfect for this canvas.  The fence template was cut from a Magnolia die, and using the same paper collection

The sun was created with scrap paper which was painted and I added glass beads texture gel for dimension


 

No comments:

Post a Comment