Sunday, January 15, 2012

Flower Canvas x 3

I am currently working my way through Christy Tomlinson's Creative Color Workshop Class.  She uses Sculpey clay for her flowers, but as I do not have any clay, I used ribbon and lace instead.  Love the color combinations which were originally sourced from a photo in a magazine, then Christy gave us her take on how she would interpret those colors into a project.

This is a very good workshop because it shows you how to look at and use color combinations which are usually outside the hues you would normally prefer to work with.  Very informative in lots of other ways as well.

My finished canvasses . . .


Each canvas size is 5"x5"

The purple flower was made with ribbon which had frayed edges on each side and topped with a brad from my stash.  The leaves are fabric which I cut to size and sprayed green.  The flower stem is old bookpaper, the lace was distressed with sprays and stickles and the word is 'dream'.  The stamp is a Dawn Houser

Side view

Flower was made with broad ric rac and ribbon, again topped with a brad from stash.  The stem is old ledger paper.  Stamps are Stampendous and Unity

Side view - the word is 'hope'

The flower is ribbon and lace, the stem is old music paper, the word is 'love' and the lace is a from a swatch of fabric.  Stamps as per above

side view


1 comment: