Sunday, January 1, 2012

Dress 1 on Washing Line

I have finished my 'girls', am in the process of working the the art journalling classes, and just needed a little something to continue on with, so . . .

Searched Christy's  blog and found copies of canvasses of beautiful dresses hanging on a washing line.  Whilst there were no instructions, the advantage of taking part in the creative journey over the last few months gave me confidence to create my own dress by referring to Cristy's finished pieces.

Created my background by using a colourful serviette I found at a local gift shop. I peeled back all the layers and just used the top layer. After preparing canvas with Gesso and when dry added mod podge and then my layer of serviette tissue paper


 

Once the glue dried, painted the sky and grass background

Canvas size 8"x8"
Ever wanted to know what to do with last year's calendar - use them in mixed media.  All the layers of the dress were created with calendar cardstock
added a little lace, a touch of paint and then some stickles for some much needed bling.
the washing line is a Kaisercraft rub-on (one of my favourites) toghether with a couple of little birds here and there

Added more rubons and stamps for texture and layers

Side view as seen from the bottom right as facing the canvas.
One of the things I really like about the serviette background was once dry, did not give a smooth surface - so was fantastic to use as texture without too much extra effort.  

From this side view can can see the texture, paint, rubons, stamps etc quite clearly

No comments:

Post a Comment