Saturday, December 31, 2011

She Art No 2 - Vintage Girl

This was another exercise where we layered copies of meaningful pictures, documents and the like and depicting a more old fashioned type 'girl'.  It bought back memories of the 70's and 80's and the style of clothes I used to wear way back then.

Some of the background pieces comprise a photo of me when I was about 4, my nursery card from the hospital where I was born, copies of shorthand pages out of my mother's book and a little drawing my daughter gave me quite a number of years ago.  Such precious items to commence the journey for the Vintage Girl.

First layers onto the canvas
Added an old paper pattern over the top

then sprayed with Glimmermist, Stained with watered down Distress Stain, painted using a Heidi Swapp flower mask in a couple of different colours

Canvas size 6"x12"

Bottom of canvas
For the stencil for the flower I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities die, and coloured texture paste

Side view of the canvas which gives a better idea of the 'vintage' look

Close up of the face
Lots of different tools to create colour and texture in the hair



Close up of the outfit and background

No comments:

Post a Comment