I created a 12x12 layout with a number of layers, some of which were sewn with the machine. I wanted to keep the colours soft and almost monochromatic and focus on the photo which I changed to black and white.
This is the top left hand side. The bottom layer is from Basic Grey Ledger paper white and on top of that some patterned bazzill white cardstock from my stash.
A lot of tearing and inking with distress stains, a charm and lace from my stash.
Top right hand side. The block behind the die cut is a Pink Paislee mistable tag which worked in well with the theme once inked
Bottom left hand side with just a hint of pale pink inking.
I used Martha Stewart punches for the butterflies
Bottom right hand side. I cut a very old Making Memories metal frame and used a portion for the corner, and then added hand embroidered bullion knots for a different texture, topped with some liquid pearls. The ribbon flowers are from a Tim Holtz range and is one of my favourites due to the versatility of size and being able to colour with stains, Copic Markers etc. Added a bit of bling to the middle of the flowers as well as the butterflies
Middle of the left hand side - this Prima Flower arrangement was perfect for this - didnt have to add colour or make any adjustments - just added glue! The stick pins for the butterfly antennae came from my stash and I cant remember the brand. Once again used a Pink Paislee mistable tag to mount behind the flowers
Finished project - framed in a complementary Avocado coloured frame to match the recipient's decor
A better idea of the colour of the frame.