Thursday, October 14, 2010

Handmade Flowers Card - Blog Challenge - Scrapbook City

Hi everyone

Had so much fun creating this card.  I saw something similar a little while ago (had 3 flowers in the pocket) but cant remember where I found it now.  Because the front of the card became 'heavy' I decided to add a 'back' if that makes sense.

Front of card


Close up of front

Since I took this photo, I punched a couple of small branches and added a little pearl to cover up my stamping error above the word 'birthday'.  I forgot to take a photo of this when  finished. This photo also has a view of the inside of the card with the bottom flap dropped down

This is a side on view.  The ribbon wraps around to hold the top and bottom 'flaps' closed on the back of the card



This is the back of the card when flaps are folded and tied with the ribbon to keep them together

and last . . . but not least . . .
this is how the card opens out to create a door hanger!




Recipe for Handmade Flowers Card:

Cardstock: White and Vanilla Bazzill
Paper: Prima
Spellbinders dies - Nestabilities - Beaded Circles.  Lacy Squares to use as template to sponge around outside of card; Shapeabilities - Ribbon Tag Trio 2
Tim Holtz - Sizzix die - Tattered Florals
Heartfelt Creations - stamp and die for lily petals
Punches: Circle; flower and Martha Stewart for small branches on inside of card
Cuttlebug embossing folder for large petals
SEI - Metal Accents for front of card
Distress inks: Bundled Sage; Shabby Shutters; Peeled Paint and Broken China
Ribbon: Scrapbook City
Misc: Pritt Gel Glue; small dimensional squares; Basic Grey brads; individual pearls, Prima Pearls; Glimmermist - Dazzling Diamonds, Hot Glue gun



4 comments:

  1. OK, I saw it in real life at SBC and all I can say is WOW. That is one serious card Rita. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning... You need to hold a class to teach this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could you post the steps on how you made this card or email me at the address below? I would so love to learn how to make this one! It is absolutely stunning!!!
    BTW I am a new follower to your blog!!

    Rachel Miller
    rachelspapercrafts.blogspot.com
    rachelspapercrafts{at}ymail{dot}com

    ReplyDelete
  4. these cards are fantastic lovely designing used nice colors too much attractive.


    Send gifts to Pakistan From UK.

    ReplyDelete